• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Tire Pressure with 11.00R16 tires?

John Mc

What tire pressure are folks running if you are using 11.00R16 tires? I have some old Michelin 11.00R16 XL tires that came with my truck. The previous owner said he ran 35 PSI, yet when I picked up the truck from him, the tires were at 50 PSI . I ran them for a while like that, and am now trying 35. I can notice a little loss of power, which makes some sense, since the lower pressure would increase rolling resistance.

Most of my driving is on local rural dirt or paved roads at 40 MPH or less, but I am occasionally hauling a load of firewood, and sometimes running up and down hilly forest trails or possibly dragging logs out of the woods.

With the old tires, I'm hesitant to really air down the tires when running in the woods. It would provide better traction, but I have not found that to be a real problem. My concern is that the lower I go, the more flex in the tire, which might be a concern for the old rubber.

Last edited:

JoeM35

I have run Michelins @ 30 psi and @ 50 psi. Can't tell much difference either way, except it seems to have slightly less steering effort on hard surface roads at the higher pressure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks