• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m38a1 serial number help???

JeepinJeremy

I have the opportunity to get an m38a1 for the cost of towing it out of a guys yard. I am trying to figure out the year to do the bill of sale so i can insure and register it. The date of delivery is not marked. It is an m38a1 I know that much by the left side glove box and the 6 plates on the dash.

The tag behind the passenger seat has the number 57148 85435 on it.

I know it is a later model because of the center bolt hole in the grill.

Anyone out there that can help me figure it out I would really appreciate it, because I would like to get this jeep before he gives it to someone else.

This would be my first military jeep, I have always wanted one and you cant beat free.

I already have an 80 cj on 38' boggers and beadlocks dana 60's twin stick dana 300 dodge nv4500 tranny and chevy 350 so i wont make a mud truck.

And I have a 69 ss camaro to go fast if I want.

So I want to go with an original resto but I need this info for the bill of sale.

68t

Go to the g503.com they got the m38a1 group over there , they know all too know. I got 3 m38a1 to resto but i am working on ww2 halftracks for now. I just got a basket cast of m38a1. But the steelsoldier is the best m.v. forum.:mrgreen: