• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M3A1 Stuart & M18 Hellcat At A Antique Aeroplane Fly In

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
I took my M3A1 Stuart tank along with a friends M18 Hellcat to the Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum in Hood River, Oregon this weekend. That is about 50 miles east or Portland, Oregon. There was a GPW, Dodge command car and Humvee on display as well. There were about 150 old airplanes on display with a few WWII military planes: Steerman's and trainers. The airplanes owners really enjoyd seeing the military vehicles on display. Some were amazed that tanks used radial engines! Here are links to a couple of videos. The first video was on the way home from the fly in yesterday and the second video is my Stuart and M18 Hellcat running at out annual club picnic today.
YouTube - Steve1958OR's Channel
YouTube - Steve1958OR's Channel
Enjoy,
Steve :)

Attachments

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rats! I missed seeing them by one week. I'll be passing east through Hood River tomorrow. Really nice pair.

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WAAAM Museum Fly In

Hello,
The annual Fly In at the Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum in Hood River is this Saturday, 10 Sept. 2011. I will have my tank up there again along with a M18 Hellcat and several other military vehicles.
Steve8)

Last edited:

Augdog1964

Thanks!

Thanks for doing that... it really helps people contemplate our military men and women's sacrifice...

Most people have no appreciation for how much work is involved in moving armored equipment, but it pays real dividends, especially when you see kids eyes light up!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
The annual Fly In at the Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum in Hood River is this Saturday, 10 Sept. 2011. I will have my tank up there again along with a M18 Hellcat and several other military vehicles.
Steve8)

Doggone it, i'll miss it again, but this time by only one day! I fly into Pasco on 9/11 (no hog fat-eating terrorists gonna stop America) and land around midnight. Maybe next year i'll get to see it. Hope you have a good time.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks