• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m416 brake drum ?

wanabecruisen

Well, my earlier post got deleted - sorry Mods - didn't mean to cause problems. So, new question..... anybody know if the brake drum on a late 70's M416 trailer is the same as on an M151. I'm told it may be and, if so, it would make my search for a replacement much easier.

Srjeeper

Sorry, I'll have to ask you to forgive the new guy. I did 'RESEARCH' here as much as knew how to and did find tnjmurray.com but was not able to find the part on their website. I thank you for the other two options, however. I'll try not to bother you further....

wanabecruisen, no bother, look under M151 section on the TNJ Murray site.

They share many of the same parts.

wanabecruisen

Well, it's a learning process....I'll post here what I've learned so someone searching this at some future point will have a easier time of it:

The M416 trailer brake drum is part number FMC8372 and appears to be the same as the M151...however, the M416A1 (what I now know I have) uses a brake drum with a part number 18147.

So, the search continues.....