• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M416 Price Question

76Z5M

I have a friend who has an M416 trailer that he is planning to sell. He has owned it for about 25 years, but hasn't used it much. He painted it red, and cut the electrical connector off, so that he could hook it up to his pickup truck. Other than that, it is original. It has been stored indoors since he has owned it. It still has the original tires and rims. No weather checking, and they still hold air. I'm trying to help him find out what it is worth. It was built in 1967 by the Stevens company. It still has the pintle hitch and parking brake and landing leg. My friend is a gunsmith, so he is very detail oriented and meticulous. He says that the trailer is in great condition, and I believe him. He lives near Duluth, MN and I live in Minneapolis, MN, so I haven't actually seen the trailer. He is going to send me some photos within the next few days. Any comments or pricing information is appreciated. If you want to contact me directly, I can be reached at jhutt7107@aol.com

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When these were selling at auction they brought $350. Since he kept it inside and it’s not now all rusted out like most are, it is worth north of $1000.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have a friend who has an M416 trailer that he is planning to sell. He has owned it for about 25 years, but hasn't used it much. He painted it red, and cut the electrical connector off, so that he could hook it up to his pickup truck. Other than that, it is original. It has been stored indoors since he has owned it. It still has the original tires and rims. No weather checking, and they still hold air. I'm trying to help him find out what it is worth. It was built in 1967 by the Stevens company. It still has the pintle hitch and parking brake and landing leg. My friend is a gunsmith, so he is very detail oriented and meticulous. He says that the trailer is in great condition, and I believe him. He lives near Duluth, MN and I live in Minneapolis, MN, so I haven't actually seen the trailer. He is going to send me some photos within the next few days. Any comments or pricing information is appreciated. If you want to contact me directly, I can be reached at jhutt7107@aol.com
Possibly snap a few pictures and upload them so folks can have an idea what a M416 looks like?
I started to snag one off the Web, but maybe the real thing would be a better angle.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold one about 2 years ago without a title for $750 to a guy on this site. I had the paperwork to get a title and told him I could do so, but the price would have raised to $1000 (due to the time and hassle, tax, and title fee). He opted to purchase it for $750. My trailer was in original condition as removed from DRMS in the mid-90s. I had all of the release paperwork. The trailer had solid 4 color MERDC camo, was rust-free, and was usable as it sat. The tires were showing their age, however. The buyer pulled it home several hundred miles without incident.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks