• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M49 Tanker parts

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have decided that my tanker is too far gone to restore. It has severe rust issues and I have neither the time nor resources to try.

The 1200 gallon, two compartment, stainless steel tank is in good shape but all the atttached carbon steel is badly rusted.

The exception is the runners between the tank and the truck frame.......the tank itself could still be used to transport waste oil or other liquid.

Salvageable parts include pump/filter/metering unit from the back with the PTO shaft that runs under the tank. The PTO itself is still there and all linkage is present.

The rear doors are in good shape.

Some hoses are there but I have no idea if they are serviceable or not. There is one fueling nozzle that was used for deuces and bigger vehicles.

I have no idea as to the condition of the engine or transmission as I never cranked it. I may try to turn it over before I cut it out.

I will begin cutting it up next week. All big/heavy parts will have to be picked up unless you are willing to pay my outragous freight rates.

If you are interested in the whole truck 2500 is the bottom line.

PM for details.

jrou111

Such a shame, that truck gave Freightrains wrecker a run for the money in the rust department! :lol:

I'm still in need of a primary canister and some other misc parts so I may be heading up there next weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks