• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M49A2C Question?

Diamond_T_981

Hi There,

I'm new to this site and live in the UK.
I've owned an M49A2C for the past 23years, she's all complete with pump gear, hoses, even static line still there. unfortunatly someone has removed winch!!

The UK weather is returning the cab to nature but apart from that she is in good condition and drove until coil burnt out.Not to sure on year, have been told she's a 53'???

Does anyone know if she's a rare old girl or not?

I've some pics:

My father and I have spent the last 25years restoring 42' deuce, and three Diamond T's and am not sure as to wether she's worth keeping?

Any info would be useful,
Thanks,
Stuart

Last edited:

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
What this gentleman has is the real deal, all military all the way - but it is not a M49A2C. It is a Type L-6 750 gallon oil servicing truck built primarily for servicing aircraft for the US Air Force.

Relatively speaking - a M108 or M60 would be a common vehicle compared to this one - hence it is well worth saving.

I'll post some photos in a bit.

HTH,
David Doyle
MVPA Supply Line editor

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks