• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51 dumper

combat32

I am currentley eyeballing an M51 near me, kind of new to the 5 ton side, I only drove 900 series when I was in.Any pros/ cons to the 5 ton multi? Any specific things I should be looking for that might make it a no go?

derby

I have no complaints with my Multi powerd M51. The only thing that is nice to have is the upgraded steering. The Cummins is nice but I like the swill factor of the Multi. Go for it.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We prefer the mulifuels. No problems with ours, but nice to turn up the fuel, then drive it with good sense if someone has not already turned it up. Go for it.
Regards Marti

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love my M52A2. I stuck with the multi 5ton because alot of parts enterchange with my M35. And that 51 is probally a rare truck by now. Save it if you can.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am currentley eyeballing an M51 near me, kind of new to the 5 ton side, I only drove 900 series when I was in.Any pros/ cons to the 5 ton multi? Any specific things I should be looking for that might make it a no go?
Tom, Tom, Tom..............................

Don't you know that I get first dibs on all of your finds????

Here you go telling everyone about my stuff you have been finding in the dumpster.

Now you are taking my Dumper.........what a guy.................:wink:

Seriously, what did they say about truck #2? Are they ready to get rid of it?

Oh yea....nopics

Heres mine.....

Attachments

Last edited:

combat32

Not sure yet, still investigating.Looks like it hasn't moved in a while(could be bad news) They also have an 800 series and a 900 series dumper, looks like they have been using them.If I decide to pass on it I will give you fellers first dibs.

I will see if I can procure a tie rod for yours from the Arkansas truck mafia:-D I heard about a feller down the road who may have a parts truck.

After seeing yours I can envision myself driving it around and dumping massive loads of dirt wherever I want to, wait till the old lady asks for a little more dirt in the old flower bed, BAM, there you go honey!:wink:

Marcel

I have a 1966 M51A2 Whistler and it works great. I have procured the following for it. Two NOS doors, One 18" steering wheel, One windshield wiper conversion kit, One stainless exhaust kit plus exhaust gasket, spin on oil filter kit, spin on multifuel filter kit, one wheel cylinder. So far parts have been fairly easy to find. I have owned it for about three months.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks