• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51 pics

chief76433

Does this truck look complete?It is kinda rough but just wanted to know if anything was missing?What kind of engine?It has Tx tags so it should have a title if the wrecking yard didn't send it to Austin for salvage.

Attachments

derby

Look's like a great find.I think what you have there is a Continental 6602 gasser.it looks complete from what i can see from your pics.check the specs for that rig ,I think you will find the exact truck listed there.

chief76433

If the truck has a title I will probably try to buy it.The big thing is that I really don't need a dump truck.Since buying the M813 for my fire dept.I have wanted one real bad.If I get it I will have to do some trading for something else.The only other trucks I have seen for sale around here were way over priced and junkie.I am also having a hard time deciding what is a good price.I guess it depends on how bad I really want something green.Are engine parts hard to get for this engine?

jatonka

Last M51 I bought cost $1900 with a bill of sale only. It had a winch and runs real good. The 6602 is more powerful off road if you plan on using it. A multifuel would be more economicl if you are running on road. John T

chief76433

The lady at the junk yard doesn't think she has a title.I took the vin # to DMV and they said it has a good title but it is not in the name of the junk yard guy.In Texas the yard ussually sends the title to Austin for salvage and it is almost impossible to get it back.So that means there is still hope.He wants $2400 for it.

chief76433

Looks like this truck is not going to be able to be purchased.The title is in someone elses name and if I could find him it also has a lien on it.I think it is going to be almost impossible to do.I guess I will start looking for another truck.If anyone has one for sale in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metromess let me know.

Boatcarpenter

I don't know the details of this law, but in New Hampshire if a vehicle has been abandoned for a certain period of time, with proper published notices in local papers, after a certain period of time it can be sold off by the yard holding it. So if it is a titled vehicle in someone's name, the yard could get the police to declare it abandoned and then possibly sell it to you with a clear title. Something to explore.

chief76433

I think it could be done but I don't think it would be worth it.He wants $2400 for the truck and who knows what it would take to make it go.It would take about 4 months for them to get it done and she didn't sound like she really wanted to mess with it.I haven't given up completely yet....I'm just not as excited.