• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51 wheel stud sizes ?

Al Capone

My truck has had wheel replaced with around style rims . I’m trying to figure out the wheel stub sizes and thread pitch . And is front studs same size as rear ? I know we have left hand and right hand threads correct ?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is GI, then the same studs and nuts fit everything from the WWII CCKW, through the M44 series deuces and 800 series five tons. The 2.5 ton's use six, the 5 tons use 10. If your wheels have been replaced and now have different studs, you will have to measure them.

Al Capone

If it is GI, then the same studs and nuts fit everything from the WWII CCKW, through the M44 series deuces and 800 series five tons. The 2.5 ton's use six, the 5 tons use 10. If your wheels have been replaced and now have different studs, you will have to measure them.
rims has been replaced but studs appears to be original that’s why I’m asking for original stud size and pitch . Cause front original nuts are not correct for my wheels . It’s because of the stud aligned verses hub alignment. They installed hub centered front wheels and the holes are to big for stock studs .

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
rims has been replaced but studs appears to be original that’s why I’m asking for original stud size and pitch . Cause front original nuts are not correct for my wheels . It’s because of the stud aligned verses hub alignment. They installed hub centered front wheels and the holes are to big for stock studs .
in that case, your guess is better than mine. Pictures and dimensions might be in order to help visualize your predicament.

Al Capone

All I’m asking is if anyone knows the original size and thread pitch of stock m51 wheel studs . With this info I can figure out what special lug nuts I need to get . Guess I will take a lug nut off and check it with tap to figure out

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
3/4-16 comes to mind for some reason but I will check in my book to make sure that isn't for something else. .. Now where the heck did I put that book ??? At this rate it might be quicker for you to find your tap & die set o_O

Last edited:

charlesmann

All I’m asking is if anyone knows the original size and thread pitch of stock m51 wheel studs . With this info I can figure out what special lug nuts I need to get . Guess I will take a lug nut off and check it with tap to figure out
You can also use a thread pitch gauge or a tape measure and mark off 1” and count the threads in that 1”, then measure the diameter of the stud.
You can also see what the tm says for part number and do a google search for said p/n or use wbparts.com or partstarget.com and it gives you size.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks