• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52 Inspection ?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to look at a M52 on Monday, the new owner thinks it was built in '62-63, so I am hoping it has the Mack ENDT-673 in it. I know to look for the cross over pipe but is there anything else I should be checking for? I have an 818 so i am familiar with the type truck. The owner took the truck as payment on a outstanding debt and knows nothing about it, he had to have someone come over and crank it? The photos of the truck look good(not too modified) but he is asking $4200 for it.
James

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a look at the M52, turned out to be an A2 with a multi-fuel. It has been used on a farm for moving around his heavy equipment and modified a good bit, signal lights and rear lights pulled or cut off, pintal gone, seats gone, rear air tapped for a civi trailer. The good news it starts up like a champ, moves forward and reverse and stops! Price has also dropped from $4500 to $2500 but it is still 300 miles a way!

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scrap Price

The price is pretty firm since he had one guy come out and tell him it is worth $2000 in scrap! And he has that number in his head as a baseline he can fall back to if he gets no bids, two grand seems mighty high as a scrap number, but it also has like new over the road tires all around, and I just got a full set of 11X20 tires, the road tires may do pretty good on Graig's list. I was trying to get a lead on a M813 in OK that had hard top and winch for $3490, a good looking truck, the owner emailed me back that he had just sold it!!!!!! So the M52A2 is looking better.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it is not a M52 windshield. Looks homegrown along with the hardtop.

The speedo is missing andlong with alot of other stuff.

I have a M52 in good shape and M54 in rough shape if you want one real bad. Both are multifuel.

donttreadonmebmg

$1900, maybe on the scrap price. Buy something else, you'll be happier in the long run. That truck is missing to much. You'll have another $2000 in it trying to make it right. :shock:

windshield, I don't see any wipers.
hard top
turn signal
tail lights
the right seat
tires but you have those
pintal hook
speedo
What's he got welded to the bumper some kind of step?
The air filter looks like it might be clogged.

Skip it unless he'll take $1800.00 but i will still cost you a lot to fix it cosmetically, who knows how it runs and what corks it might have once you get going down the road.

Last edited: