• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A1 air compressor governor slow release

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The air compressor governor (MS53006-1) on my M52A1 has a real slow release of air when it gets up to pressure. Is his normal (should it be a fast release)? Can these governors be taken apart and cleaned without messing something up? Any info on how they work would also help.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
yes can be taken apart and degumed, or buy a new one from any truck parts house, once installed, set the air pressure as needed, this will need to be done no matter if new or just cleaned up

vtdeucedriver

The air compressor governor (MS53006-1) on my M52A1 has a real slow release of air when it gets up to pressure. Is his normal (should it be a fast release)? Can these governors be taken apart and cleaned without messing something up? Any info on how they work would also help.
How slow is slow????? Should be a pop of air. They are also known to crap out with a fast clicking rate and it may happen erractically every now and again until it craps out completely.

BTW, she painted yet?????? I will have that dimension for you tomorrow night and the same dimension for warren D's M-37 :p

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes can be taken apart and degumed, or buy a new one from any truck parts house, once installed, set the air pressure as needed, this will need to be done no matter if new or just cleaned up
Are there any direct replacements available? I can't seem to be able to cross reference the number to anything.

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How slow is slow????? Should be a pop of air. They are also known to crap out with a fast clicking rate and it may happen erractically every now and again until it craps out completely.

It is not a pop of air. The air bleeds off for about 10-15 seconds.

In regards to the clicking, does the clicking normally stop when it comes up to max pressure? (I have this clicking on my M920.)