• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A1 top radiator shroud unique to MACK ??

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M52A1 has a shroud that goes on top of the radiator. It appears to be there to keep the air from recirculating from the back to the front of the radiator between the hood and the top of the radiator. Attached are a couple of photos. I can't seem to find it in the parts manual. Is this something that is unique to the MACK version? On the pics, the rubber parts are partially broken off.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Pretty sure I have one like that on my multifuel wrecker M62. Should be easy to drill out the rivets and rivet back in a tire flap. Cheap and durable!

m139h2otruck

Looks the same as what is on our M139 gasser. Just go and get rubber at the hardware store and rivet back on.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a standard part of the cooling air management system. Goes along the top of the radiator to seal to the hood.
Above suggestions for replacement flap are excellent. Do not leave it off it makes a difference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks