• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2 and M127 with XM10 Water Distributor Module

M1075

Here are some pics of the same size tank/pump unit that is on the M1075. It has a 3000 gallon water tank, 150 gallon foam tank, and the 70hp Hatz Diesel helps pump about 600 gallons per minute. The rear cannon (in red) shoots nearly 200 feet. Large towbar in last pic for size comparison.

Can anyone explain why there is such a big slope to the trailer? Was this trailer used with any smaller truck? With bigger tires on a 900 series (14R20) it would be even more. Looks a little strange.

Attachments

Knucklehead

The kingpin is mounted "low" on the trailer to elevate it above the tractor and clear the approach ramps. Picture that 5T on rough terrain and the the trailer slapping the frame of the truck in front of the fifth wheel and the ramps beating into the trailer.

M1075

Re: RE: M52A2 and M127 with XM10 Water Distributor Module

Knucklehead said:
The kingpin is mounted "low" on the trailer to elevate it above the tractor and clear the approach ramps. Picture that 5T on rough terrain and the the trailer slapping the frame of the truck in front of the fifth wheel and the ramps beating into the trailer.
Good point. The M127 will definitely handle rough terrain. Look closely at the rear of the trailer in the first pic. I forgot to raise the step into the travel position once and it got bent. Now what kind of drop off would be required to bend that adjustable step out? :wink:

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 52 and 127 do the same thing. The fifth wheel is 56 inches on level ground. And for the 127 to sit level it would have to be 50 inches. My 197 dolly is 50 inches and the trailor sits level with it.

NEIOWA

M1075 said:
Here are some pics of the same size tank/pump unit that is on the M1075. It has a 3000 gallon water tank, 150 gallon foam tank, and the 70hp Hatz Diesel helps pump about 600 gallons per minute. The rear cannon (in red) shoots nearly 200 feet. Large towbar in last pic for size comparison.

Can anyone explain why there is such a big slope to the trailer? Was this trailer used with any smaller truck? With bigger tires on a 900 series (14R20) it would be even more. Looks a little strange.
What is the NSN on that unit?

Every 6/12t mil semi trailer I've ever seen set nose high behind a 5t (stake, tank, box). Original designed for a 1940s vintage duece. The triaxle stake sit level behind a 5t.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks