• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2 and M54A2 VIN Location

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can someone post a picture of the VIN location of the M52A2 and M54A2?

I have two GSA trucks that the data plates have been replaced with a little metal decal and the VIN hand written. They start with 95 and 96

I have located a Date stamp of 3-66 on the M52 on the drivers side frame above the spring bumper, but no serial number. Someone applied undercoating to the frame and it is THICK.

Just wanted to have an idea where to start before I breakout the oven cleaner to start removing the gunk.

Thanks
Warthog

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update.............

Here are the locations of a 1970 M52A2 and a 1968 M54A2 serial number.

Both are behind the steering gear box and the M54 is partially covered by a support bracket.

Neither one is very readable as they are punched very lightly.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks