• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52a2 lds 465 1-a

panzerwillie

thank you for all the replys looking to buy a M52A2 , did some of those come with the overdrive 5th gear o only with strait 5th grear, also does anyone know the fuel filters part # looking at a truck in ohio want to make sure put some new filters for the drive to miami florida, if the deal goes througth unless i find another but all i see 4sale is M818:roll:

panzerwillie

well i would think it would have a little more HP than 175 but i gues i can tweek it a little , now this engines are non intercool i see on pictures that the engine coolant runs througth the intake unless there is some type of heat exchanger but i gues it would keep it at the engine temperture :roll:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
well i would think it would have a little more HP than 175 but i gues i can tweek it a little , now this engines are non intercool i see on pictures that the engine coolant runs througth the intake unless there is some type of heat exchanger but i gues it would keep it at the engine temperture :roll:
That is correct. Believe it or not, the coolant circulating through there cools the air charge. Bjorn had posted numbers here at one time.

panzerwillie

:oops:yes only to the temperature of the engine, i seen my 6bt come out of the turbo up 400 degrees under full load on a hard clime, yes after the intercooler i see 100 degrees going to to the egine so with this type of set up i gues the air temp will alwasy be at coolant temperatrure, now does it have a radiator type fins inside or its just a small area be intrested to cut one open and see

OldGoat

Mine is a 210 hp (at something crazy like 2800 rpm's). Most are direct drive. A plate on the left hand side of the dash will tell you which transmission is in it.

gimpyrobb

Willie, I have to pull an exhaust manifold here shortly. The intake will come off with it. I will let you know soon!

vtdeucedriver

Mine is a 210 hp (at something crazy like 2800 rpm's). Most are direct drive. A plate on the left hand side of the dash will tell you which transmission is in it.
Careful, there are some "experts" :roll:out there that will tell you that if you have a multi with the direct drive transmission, that you have the wrong transmission.

vtdeucedriver

thank you for all the replys looking to buy a M52A2 , did some of those come with the overdrive 5th gear o only with strait 5th grear, also does anyone know the fuel filters part # looking at a truck in ohio want to make sure put some new filters for the drive to miami florida, if the deal goes througth unless i find another but all i see 4sale is M818:roll:

OMG, a M52A2 from ohio to miami?????? You cant find one closer???

panzerwillie

great let me know what you see when you remove it , and so far i driven 2 m52a2 and they both have direc t 5th gear so i think its a more standar deal plus they have 6.44 gears compare to the m818 that have 6.72 , does anyone know where to get fuel filters i can take with to replace the ones on the tractor before my road trip , if i don't find another one for sale i will probably get the one upnorth will see thanks for all the help:-D

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel filter numbers are the same for the 2 1/2 ton trucks. The numbers for most brands are listed here on this site in the resources section. I use wix filters. 33511 and 33512. These filters are also used on detriot diesels. So most truck parts places will have them.

panzerwillie

thank you for the post, now this 2 numbers i t takes one of each or either number will work , just trying to get ready for my trip unless i find one closer
thanks again:D

gimpyrobb

When they bring out the filters, you want one of the short ones and 2 of the tall ones. Where in Ohio is the truck? I am in Cincinnati and might be able to help get her ready to go home.

panzerwillie

thank you for the offer will be great if its not to far for you 30 miles from columbus i think he said london ohio , ok so i need 1 short and 2 long ones , will pick them up at the store , there a fellow here in the forum that has a m818 for sale just waiting on some pictures will keep every posted i do like the M52A2

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M818 and M52A2 both share the same 6.44 gearsets. The M39s, M809s and M900s all used this gear with only a handful of exceptions and those has 10.26 gears. Oldgoat, is that 210 HP from the dyno or is that number listed somewhere? The only Multifuel to eclipse the 200HP mark was the LDS 465-2 that came in the M656, M757 family. Curious minds want to know. Now I'm no 5 ton expert at all, matter of fact, I've not owned one for nearly 20 years but I thought the primary fuel filter was different but don't quote me on that.

gimpyrobb

Willie, Roger in London is a good guy. Kipman from here on the site does some work for him once in a while. Let me know when you will be up this way. It will be good to meet more members.

ON THE OTHER HAND, if you wanted, I might be able to drive or tow it down to the Ga rally. Just a thought. :-D

panzerwillie

glad to hear that his a good guy, he's bein good to me in the phone and e-mails if i could pick it tomorrow i would, however i need to plan it correct, when is the rally in GA

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks