• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2 to FL HQ

panzerwillie

Well so far everything its going well flew into columbus and got pick up by skip on a m1009 after short ride , we got there and the meet roger and there it was my m52a2 waiting for me after 30 minutes or so of conversetion i was on my way, stop and the first staton and got the tanks full got to 70 to I 71 and work my way to 75 south and now i'm 30 miles from the tenn kentucky border so far its being a good trip , than god for the post about hearing aid boy that truck its loud but love it, so far i being running 50-5 MPH especialy when the sun when down the air got more dense packing more cooler air more HP, i sto p 3 times and look at everything got TEMP readings so far so good, tomorrow should be a 10-12hr day with a few stops for breaks, i want thank everybodys post and especialy roger and skip, great people to deal with and he has lots of nice trukc i;m sure got a lot work ahead to make it better but i got a good solid truck start will try to take more pictures as i go thanks
DSCN5491.jpg

DSCN5493.jpg

DSCN5494.jpg
:-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Godspeed and good luck. I did a similar feat back in 2003. Flew into Baltimore Washington Int'l and was picked up by BKubu in his 1009. Went to his place and got the M275A2 deuce tractor ready for the ride. Drove it all the way to WPB alone. I have to say it was a nice trip and my first deuce trip over 1000 miles. Just enjoy the ride!

panzerwillie

Well 250 miles from HQ everything going good MPG around 9 miles considering running on the governor most of the way, has a small oil leak on the air compressor other than that its being smoth should be in HQ around 16:00 HRS then i have a list of things to do including the leak and oil change, can anybody give me the part # for the oil filters thanks
DSCN5496.jpg

DSCN5498.jpg
:driver:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Rock on Willie!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks