• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2 trip to FL to its new home

panzerwillie

Well there is a tickect with my name on FTLAUD HOLYWOOD internaationl airport to OHIO to pick up my truck, it has new fuel filters and 10 point check already done just needs fuel and a driver. have not look at the map but its outside columbus so should be able to link to I-75 and head south by ways of Kentucky ,Ga and finaly Fl MIAMI, runing by my self just will have some lite tools 2 cell phones LAPTOP and of course camera will try to post pictures when i rest for the nite....
which me luck :-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck man, when are you bugging out? Grab I71 south out of Columbus and hook up with I75 in Cinci, straight shot from there! Be safe!

lavarok

temps?

Take an IR Thermometer. Heat is not a good thing. You can check a lot of areas with it.
That is a little ambiguous. At what temps would you be concerned on say the tranny, transfer, etc,etc. Anyone have a baseline here? Not trying to be a smart ass, I'd really like to know. I always thought my transmission ran hot....but if there was a baseline to measure it to maybe I could dispel that thought.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, I71 south will be your best bet. It joins with I75 just south of me. Follow that all the way home. PM sent if there is trouble, don't hesitate to call.

Green_gator

Bring plenty of water or gatorade to drink and if you can a couple of different types of hearing protection because I find after four or five hours that one type gets irritating and I switch them around.

Divemaster920

Banned
When you said more that 140 degrees you talking about engine temps or diferentials ect
Engine temp will be 170 to 190.
If any thing else gets hot the thermometer will help pinpoint the problem. IE Draging Brakes....
Bad Bearings....
If Injector is fouled....
ect......

Bill W

Willie
I pm'd you
I think we know each other, I use to live in Ft Laud near Fred before moving here to Ga

panzerwillie

Yes bill is me willie fred tells me you move to the land of open space , great to seee you in the forum lots of gret people here with lots of experirnce, i thinnk i gather enougth info here for the trip and i being driving freds M52A2 for the last few weekends moving stuff around , well headed out to the airport will try to post tonite the start of my trip thanks to everybody with tips and # .....:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks