• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54 - Dump Truck

dk8019

So there's a M54 dump truck down the road from me that's for sale. It's has a Mack engine, and it's served mot of it's life moving fallen trees and the like for the township. It's owned by a mulch company now. I talked to the owner, and he says it needs a new clutch, but other wise it work. The body is pretty decent, some Ohio rust etc, and it's painted orange of course. What do you suppose it's worth?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dump appears to be added. Short wheebase truck. Either started as a tractor or a dump, I vote tractor as it has a tachograph. MACK powered units are not too common and when tuned well, pull darned good. Dunno on price but I know some folk that would love to sacrifice that truck to build an -A1 something.

AMGeneral

Being it's a Mack powered unit,plus having a tachograph like Kenny said,I would say it was a M52A1 tractor.As far as price,from a collector standpoint yes they are rarer than the 818 or M52A2 and more power if everything is adjusted right.Hmmm,if it starts right up and idles smooth,has 50 psi of oil press or better at operating temp,Probably anywhere between $1000 and $2500,I wouldn't sink anymore money than that into it if it needs a clutch.The clutch itself is becoming difficult to find for the Mack engine and the flywheel,if it's cracked or unsurfaceable is gonna be tough to replace.they are worth they're worth their weight in GOLD right now(next to impossible to find).So let these be kinda your guide if you decide to buy it.

m139h2otruck

Never heard that the clutch for a Mack motor was different than for a gasser or MF before. I thought that all the 5 tons were mostly the same 15" Rockwell units w/ updates for disks and plates as things changed. ANy comments?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks