• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M543 help

rizzo

no, this has a seperate steel brushgaurd ring. same hight as the turn signal/blackout light.

there is a blackout drive light under the headlight.

none of my other trucks have it.

Jones

Not sure of the purpose but I've seen a single red light in there. Not armored or black out. Maybe for responding to accidents?!? Accident response for the military has a whole bunch of different things thrown into the mix that Joe's Tow or the automobile club would likely never see. M.P. HMMWVs have 'em too, for obvious reasons.

rizzo

I'm thinking of getting another mount for the pass side fender and putting offroad driving lights in there.

If I wire two 12 volt lights in series will they work with 24 volt?

I have two amber lights on poles which should be enough warning lights.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys crack me up. "European signals". LOL.

The single red/amber front light on recovery vehicles is just to warn dummies in front of you you are carrying a load and don't even think of pulling out in front of me. It will have a separate flasher in the circuit, and a switch just like that used for ignition on the dash.

Rizzo--Why go with 12-volt bulbs? Just buy 24's, they are avauilable.

dg