• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M543 Wrecker Question

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have run up on a M543 (no Bed) in a junk yard. I am pretty sure it is still a gasser. Is the running gear the same on the 543 and the 543A2 the same, can I use the t case transmission, drive shafts, axles etc. on my 543A2? I have been worried that over time some of the more specialized parts will be hard to find for the wrecker, I need a parts vehicle for the future.
James G.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
yes, thay should all be the same, though the trans will be a non od if it is a gasser. i thought that the 543s, maybe a mack if it is a a1, were all muilti. the m62s were gas and the 543 was multi. if it is a gasser it mite be a m62 frame, still most parts will fit

Last edited:

joec

yes, thay should all be the same, though the trans will be a non od if it is a gasser. i thought that the 543s, maybe a mack if it is a a1, were all muilti. the m62s were gas and the 543 was multi. if it is a gasser it mite be a m62 frame, still most parts will fit

Yes I thought it sounds like a M62.

joec

That would be different a gas M543. If it is cool just never heard or have seen one. M54 was gas. So maybe could be. Cool let us know what you find out..?

FreightTrain

Banned
look around and see if the bed is laying around anywhere.even if it is trashed.I need the gear box thingy under it that you hook the PTO drive shaft to.....and the PTO drive shaft.....and a Drive shaft from Trans to Transfer....but I think AM General is gonna hook me up with that....oh,and a cab tub with doors.......ok,I need a whole nother truck and use this one as the parts truck.....

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a Gasser

Had a look at the truck, it is a gasser for sure a M543 unmodified. I am going to give him a call Sat. on what he wants for it, except for the bed it is pretty complete but it has been sitting for ten years. He still has the bed but it is not for sale.
James G.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks