• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M543A2 signals and brakes.

rizzo

I remember reading that the turn signals ans brakes go through the turn switch. Mine only works after I drive down the road a bit. I replaced the signal switch and still no signals or breaks. Could it be the flasher? is the flash unit same as the deuce?

westfolk

RE: M543A2 signals and breaks.

One of my M35's is like that. Same thing. I went through everything. Still does it. You never know when they're gonna work or not. I think it is a wire somewhere and just can't find it.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had similar trouble on a deuce, the problem was the plug that connects wire harness to the turn signal switch. Had to clean up the connector with electrical contact spray, then it worked fine.
Regards Marti

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rizzo, the flasher units are the same.
The housing is not grounded internally so you must make sure that the ground wire "C" is properly grounded. Use internal/external paint piercing washer(s) for this.

The newer flasher units are not very hardy and will fail quickly when overloaded. I added a 25 amp relay, so that my flasher runs the relay and the relay in turn operates all the lights. Works great.