• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54A2 Front Winch shear pins

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NSN 5315-00-209-7979

I believe that I have verified that the shear pins available from a surplus vendor in
Germany are the genuine article. He sent me a bunch before he took payment,
and they seem to match the specification in terms of measurements. They are
well made with no flaws at all. He has sent me a picture of the label on the box
that they came in with the NSN etc, which matches up on line.

He doesn't want much for these and he still has a couple hundred left. I don't want
to be a middle man in this, I just want to help out fellow ss members, so contact him direct
and make your own deals. He seems a very nice guy.
Stefan Römer
tyrefire@web.de

This was his original statement, and I believe him. I will attach the photo of the tag
below. Note he mentions helicopter parts so maybe some of the folks on here
may get a good deal.

"I guarantee that these pins are original US military surplus.3 weeks ago i bought 1,5 tons of screws,bolts,nuts,pins,rivets,studs,and other metal hardware from the army in Kaiserslautern.It is hard to select,because about one third of the NSN# cannot be found and many parts are from military helicopters and there is no market"

Hopefully some one will be able to take advantage of this.
Bruce

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks