• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m55 on super singles

mill1970

hello i have just bought a set of 800 series super singles for my m55 fitted front ones on ok but seem to be having a bit of trouble with rear ones with the valve pointing outwards the tyre seems to be to close to the springs am i doing some thing wrong and will i need wheel nuts like thoses on the front thanks for your help

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rear wheels go on the opposite way around of the front wheels, the same way you would duals, but without the inner wheel. This leaves the rear brake drums inboard of the wheels, which looks a bit odd from behind, but does keep them cool. The single rears use the same lug nuts as the front. If your valve stems point the wrong way, you should be able to loosen and turn them (mine are a "bolt on" type affair).

Cheers

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Bruce! It was in super mechanical shape when I got it, all I did was change the belts and put in new batteries, then drove it 200+ miles home. Cosmetically wasn't as pretty, but some elbow grease and paint work wonders. I left as much original as I could though.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks