• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62 ?s and vs m816

Kalashnikov

I'm looking at getting an M62 and was curious about a few things. What is the rated towing capacity highway/cross country for this wrecker? Are the specs the same as an M816: 14/10 ton towing capacity and 17 tons curb weight? I've also heard anywhere from 1mpg to 4 with the M62 and the R6602.

As for differences bewteen the two wreckers:
Cummins vs R6602
Different styles noses
and?

This is where I got my info:
M816 TRUCK, WRECKER, MEDIUM, 5-TON, 6X6, W/WINCH
M62 medium wrecker - Danish Army Vehicles Homepage

I'd rather have an M816 or at least a diesel or multifuel M62/543 simply because I don't want to pay for gas. If I can get this wrecker at this price and I can live gas for a while though. ;-)

This is going to sound a little ridiculous, but I must ask, a strong running deuce with a large enough trailer with good air brakes still wouldn't be safe to tow an M62 about 200 miles?

dmetalmiki

M62 delivery

DEFINATELY NO!.. but.. how about you have the M62 running driving (is this a possibillity?) then go for it and use it to tow your car/truck/van home again. (as I did see pic) good luck. and only difference wreckers M62 818 is the single or twin lift cylinders. Both lift the same load. (and I removed the locking pin on my M62 so my crane now rotates thro 360 degrees.

Attachments

Kalashnikov

I may try to get it running and drive it home. It is 200 miles away and I'd have to put commercial insurance on it and register it which might be more than I want to spend at the moment.

I was checking out some threads and I read that these engines usually just need the plug cleaned, wires, and some fresh gas to start right up?

m816

M62 gets 3mpg but they ride smoothly. Just not too fast.Clean fuel filters new air cleaner and clena plgs charge the batteries and check the brakes. It should give ya 200 miles before you find something to fix.You can get a tower to haul it,but that is generally cheaper than driving and old truck. I'm one of the dumber ones who thinks he can drive anything I buy home. It only hits home about half way, when you break down wo/tool and too far to flat tow either way. hen the five "P" theory of proper planing prevents p--- poor performance shows its ugly head. Just go for it, have an adventure, and let us all know how you made out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks