• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62 wrecker in action

dogtags

How do you haul a 10-tractor w/ M-172 trailer, 5-ton dump, M62 wrecker, and a M38A1 home with only two drivers?

Well, you start out by putting the M38A1 on a M353 trailer that has been modified to accept a jeep. Then hook that up to the M62.

Next you lift the M274 Mule up in the air.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MIdjoBZWgw[/media]

Then you drive the dump alongside the wrecker and load the Mule.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj9IfGjM9pE[/media]

Then you load the dump onto the M-172, tie it down and haul it all away!

This was how all these vehicles arrived and departed LZ Lambeau.

~Robert

Capt Pat

My 62 is "loaned out" to a friend who has been doing all sorts of things with it. (I think he likes float testing my heart, hoping it will quit and he gets to keep the truck) Hauls wind fall trees out of the ravine, handled castings at his foundry, he makes black powder cannons. Its earning its keep with him, he's finishing up a few things on it in exchange. I've developed a medical condition that doesn't allow my doing some things in my hobby I liked to do before. So we trade off, though here of late, he owes me a new fender for it too. Its a 1958 International, w/ Cont. R6602. Still a nice rig, gasser or not. And keeps the LARC and my 5 ton in line....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks