• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M621-M624 Norwegian deuces with air-locking diffs

Adamlee

I lost the old internet pages I had saved from several years ago, that had some great pics of the air-locker diffs used on the deuces exported to Norway.

I seem to recall that the old greensix website (now gone) had the collection of pictures, does anyone have some ideas on where to surf for information on these export trucks?

My (limited) searching is yielding no photo data, just numbers.

The bottom line is that I was searching for info on the locking diffs that the US incorporated into these export trucks, and thought I'd see if any of those chassis could be uncovered on this side of the pond.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
White Owl has the axles. Greensix member Skule Johansen had one and was sharing pics. I'll look for some pics I have

Adamlee

Norwegian diffs

OK, I am still looking around. If the White Owl guys have them, I'll try checking into that this week.

Meanwhile, whatever happened to that greensix site? It was very cool, back when I saw it several years ago.

And as far as detroits, can the marine corps 5-ton lockers be made to work? I suppose that would be the swap to do if I had a 5-ton....

rmgill

I think greensix was done by Jim Webster of Ferret Heaven and the Mike list on JED. Jim's been backing away from the heavy web presence becaues he's just ended up with too many headaches from it all.

Adamlee

old greensix site

rmgill said:
I think greensix was done by Jim Webster of Ferret Heaven and the Mike list on JED. Jim's been backing away from the heavy web presence becaues he's just ended up with too many headaches from it all.
That was what I figured...that the site had faded away....I had a bunch of saved pics from that site, all those Norwegian deuces had that cool geometric pattern camoflage, and the triple-air shift panel sure looked cool on the dash....

rmgill

old greensix site

Adamlee said:
rmgill said:
That was what I figured...that the site had faded away....I had a bunch of saved pics from that site, all those Norwegian deuces had that cool geometric pattern camoflage, and the triple-air shift panel sure looked cool on the dash....
I can ask him if he's got extra photos squirreled away. He and I have always gotten along and I've sent him photos when ever I got any good ones. What were you looking for?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ryan, see if he has the pics of Skule Johanssens M621. I had a bunch Skule sent me but lot them in a computer crash.

Adamlee

Norwegian M621 thread with Peacekeeper "before" pi

Recovry4x4 said:
Ryan, see if he has the pics of Skule Johanssens M621. I had a bunch Skule sent me but lot them in a computer crash.
I believe that series of pics was posted on the old greensix site, and those were the detailed photos I was talking about.

They clearly showed the airshift dash arrangement, the axle housings, etc....including lots of shots of the truck in it's native outdoors environment.. :lol:

And, IIRC, those trucks were all set up as single-wheel deuces with a more aggressive tread pattern, like a snow tire tread, instead of NDT or NDCC's....

tossed in a pic of a certain Peacekeeper "before" renovation....for fun....

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Peacekeeper mfd by Cadillac Gage. Looks like a ramcharger suspension on them to me.