• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 Cab Reinforcement Plates

dabtl

OK, the last time I had them made they made a blue print. It is off, by a long shot.

I am taking the original back to make very close to duplicates of the M66 cab reinforcement plates. It will take just a small amount of time, however.

For those who have PM'd me I will send you the PayPal address to send the money. I expect to ship within ten days. The price is $150 shipped to you.

I also am having the top plate for the winch reproduced. This is the one with the warning and data plate on the top of the winch. No plates are included, you will have to drill the mounting holes for the plates yourself. Price is $30 shipped to you.

Sorry for the delay, I just found out today, but let's get'er done.

dabtl

The one they made was off. It will do you no good. I told them to forget the blue print and turn it over the fab guy. He is far more accurate, apparently. I do not know how many more might or might not be needed after this run, so I will not be paying for another blue print to be made.

I plan to have a dozen or so for sale, keeping one and the original for myself. What the folks here do not take will probably go to RAPCO.

dabtl

The M35/M211 winch top plates have arrived today. If you have a bent or rusted top plate and want a replacement, this is it. No data plates are included and you will drill your own data plate holes as I do not know what plates you will be putting on your truck. The bolt holes are predrilled.

dabtl

There was a slight delay in the metal fabricator obtaining the steel plate of a few days.

My last contact was the fabrication would probably be finished this past week. I am going to the shop this morning to check it out. I WILL NOT be bringing them back today to ship as the rain continues and I do not want to ship rusty materials.

I hope to have them all in the pipeline to you by Friday next.

deuceman51

Sounds good, thanks for keeping us in the loop. Question, some people have mentioned there is a top plate that goes on the top of the back of the cab. Has anyone ever seen a plate for the top of the cab back that is part of a reinforcement kit?

dabtl

Take a look at TM 9-2320-361-34P, Figure 318. Cab Reinforcement Kit.

It shows a small plate on the passenger side at the top. It appears to be a kind of hood latch mount.

I have never seen one for real.

dabtl

I have spoken with the metal shop. The plates are cut, some still need a small amount of bending and all need the angle iron welded to the corners. I am told this will be done and I will be shipping on the weekend.

I am really sorry for the delays but a late metal shipment and the end of school stuff has added a couple of weeks I was completely unprepared for.

wsucougarx

I have somekind of top plate bolted on my truck w/a soft top. I can take a pic if you guys want. Not sure if its the plate you guys are referring to or not. The plate is only about an 1/8" thick and just goes along the rear 1/2 of the top shelf of the rear of the cab.

dabtl

Check out TM 9-2320-361-34P, figure 318 for the piece they are talking about. It has the latch but does not appear as long. Could be the same, just different?

dabtl

I am picking the plates up on Monday and begin shipping at that time. Thanks for your patience on this. Everyone should have their plate within a week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks