• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 ring mount questions.

Madfarmersson

Well I finally got a ring mount found and coming.:jumpin:
I am getting the ring a set of used legs, cushion,
brass deflector, not sure exactly what I will all need,
I do know I need some U-bolts, does any body know what size they are?:???:
If any body knows of any thing else I need it would be helpful.[thumbzup]

Madfarmersson.:-D

wsucougarx

I don't know the size but Eastern has them. I've never dealt with them but with their prices, they sure love their parts.:roll:
(ALL-5081) U-bolts for gun mount leg behind cab - good used $20/each

wsucougarx

Exactly! Do you have a cab reinforcement plate installed? If not I highly suggest you think about installing one. There are a couple plates in the classified ads. I bought mine from mckoen

Madfarmersson

No I do not have the cab reinforcement plate, it has crosed my mind to get one,
but the money is a little short, I have been investing in our half track and doing some other work to my deuce and now the ring. I may do some good thinking on it now means you suggested it. Thanks,
Madfarmersson.:idea:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No I do not have the cab reinforcement plate, it has crosed my mind to get one,
but the money is a little short, I have been investing in our half track and doing some other work to my deuce and now the ring. I may do some good thinking on it now means you suggested it. Thanks,
Madfarmersson.:idea:
I would highly recommend that you do not install the M66 until you have a cab plate installed. I have a cab plate installed and my cab still flexes a lot on rough ground or bumps. Second recommendation is to have help when you install it. I did my installation solo and it was rough going.

Madfarmersson

How hard is it to instal the cab plate?
How do you rivet it on?
What do you think about just bolting it on?
As for the U-bolts is ther only 2 that hold the legs on?
Can I get the U bolts at a auto parts store or some thing?

Madfarmersson.:lost:

wsucougarx

There are two u bolts per leg. So you'll need 4 total. The one's original to this kit use fine thread and are really beefy. I attempted to use a muffler u-bolt but the narrow diameter quickly threw that idea out the window.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are two u bolts per leg. So you'll need 4 total. The one's original to this kit use fine thread and are really beefy. I attempted to use a muffler u-bolt but the narrow diameter quickly threw that idea out the window.
Are the U bolts for the gun ring the same as the u bolts for the convoy lights?

jime

I would highly recommend that you do not install the M66 until you have a cab plate installed. I have a cab plate installed and my cab still flexes a lot on rough ground or bumps. Second recommendation is to have help when you install it. I did my installation solo and it was rough going.
Ditto that! I live on an old gravel road, and was surprised how much things twist, flex, and wiggle even with the plate properly in place!