• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 ring reproduction legs

sermis

Due to the price of legs and not being able to find any I am having a set of legs for the M66 ring made for the deuce. I have looked around and they are getting harder to find. I called Austin, (Beltfed34) and he does not have any right now. My guy that is going to make them has a large metal brake to bend the plate steel and can weld it to the pipe leg. At this point I am not going to punch all the holes in the leg plate. Thought about punching them or plasma cutting them. I am thinking when you put the ring on, place it where it fits best, mark and drill the holes needed. He told me that when he makes the template for the plate steel it would be just as easy to make several at one time as making just one set.
Would there be any interest in reproduction legs?
Price around $250 for a set of 3

sermis

Well I have the plates made. I am looking for pipe for the legs. My legs are 2 1/4". The only pipe I can find is 2 3/8". I know it will work for the legs on the back of the cab that are held with the “U” bolts. Can anyone with a ring mounted measure the front leg and give me the diameter of the pipe. Also do you think the 2 3/8” pipe will work in the front pipe clamp? I can get some heavy wall pipe and have it turned down but that is going to cost.

mendo069

remember to use grade 8 bolts, nuts, washers and u-bolts....other wise your gonna a have a 300 pound surprise crashing thru your cab !!!! napa auto parts carries this stuff.. don't be cheap and sorry later... have seen this happen...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks