• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M68 Gasoline Duct Heater

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know anything about these heaters? I picked up 3 of them - one for my shop, one for spare parts, and I guess one spare parts spare.

Most of the ducting is trash but I think I can piece one whole set together from all three.

papercu

The TM should still be on LOGSA. If you don't find it I may have one in my files. Wayne

BTW A heating and cooling company should be able to replace the duct.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I had a problem last time I tried getting into LOGSA but there are a couple of other sites that have the TMs.

I was just curious about anyone who has used them. I'm planning on running the duct work through an extra dog door I have in the shop. Since I'm in TX I don't need heat a lot but there are times Dec-Mar when it would be nice.

papercu

I have one but never used it, I hate winding that d$% pull cord. You might consider putting a squeeze bulb in the fuel line to help prime it or use either. Wayne

SterlingDevelop

I bought one on ebay a while ago, I mounted it permanently to my m1OO trailer,
I use it to preheat the Cessna in the winter. Luckily all my ducts were in good shape.
Works like gangbusters. I mounted a cordless drill adapter to spin start it rather than winding the rope.