• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 bed / M101 trailer bed

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did some measuring of the M715 and M101 beds. The answer is you could make it work, but an M101 bed will not drop straight on, the problem being that from the center of the axle to the front of the bed is just over 9" longer on the trailer (7" if the bed front frame wasn't there).
To make it work, you'd have to cut a section of the trailer out ahead of the wheel well, or move the entire wheel well back (which sounds much more difficult!),

I'll do some quick diagrams this evening and put them on here so you can see the various measurements.

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, hopefully this helps.

Note that the M715 has vertical strengthening frames at the front of the bed that do not come all the way out to the edges, so the bed looks a tad shorter than it is, or if you just measure it from the sides. Those frames are included in the length measurements on the attached diagrams.

The M101 bed has a strengthening frame horizontally across the top front that projects out 2.25" from the front panel of the bed. Again, this is included in my measurements. Also note that the M101 bed is slightly wider at the bottom than at the top.

Dimensions listed do not include the tailgates. M715 tailgate is 2.5" thick, M101 Tailgate is 2.25" thick.

Hopefully all the information you need is on there!

Cheers

Bed Dimensions.jpg Dimensions 1.jpg Dimensions 3.jpg

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was me, I'd keep looking for an M715 bed. Even if you have to go a longer distance to find one, that is a whole lot easier than trying to adapt a trailer bed. Also, once finished,your truck with the correct bed is worth more.

Okay, hopefully this helps.

Note that the M715 has vertical strengthening frames at the front of the bed that do not come all the way out to the edges, so the bed looks a tad shorter than it is, or if you just measure it from the sides. Those frames are included in the length measurements on the attached diagrams.

The M101 bed has a strengthening frame horizontally across the top front that projects out 2.25" from the front panel of the bed. Again, this is included in my measurements. Also note that the M101 bed is slightly wider at the bottom than at the top.

Dimensions listed do not include the tailgates. M715 tailgate is 2.5" thick, M101 Tailgate is 2.25" thick.

Hopefully all the information you need is on there!

Cheers

View attachment 888137 View attachment 888138 View attachment 888139
thank you for your help sorry it
Just curious, why do people ask a question, then not come back to see the answer that others spent their time putting together for them?
It happens a lot! :unsure:

Oh well, hopefully someone else will find the information useful in the future. :)

Cheers
My apologies for not saying thank you.. i have read them.. i try to answer people in a quick manner this time i guess i didn’t there was no disrespect meant..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks