• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 fiberglass top

Jonofthesprings

Does anyone know where I can find a low profile fiberglass top for my M715.I like the way the 70s Jeep trucks roofs were, with the slight visor effect it gave. It currently has a home made steel top. I would greatly appreciate any info as this is my first M715 and I want to frame off this truck and bring her back to glory on my terms. I once heard a real truck was not bought, it was built.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easiest way to get that look is to swap a J cab onto the truck. There are some glass tops out there but none very nice to look at.

67Beast

I believe Memphis Equip. has a fiberglass hard top that they sell for the M715, be prepared to pay big dollars for one. You might also check the for sale boards over at http://www.m715zone.com They pop up for sale there everey once and a while. If you are restoring yours though, remember that most all where soft tops during their military service life. Besides, nothing beats riding around topless when it's nice out. I leave the top off mine all summer long.

Jonofthesprings

More about the J cab

I appreciate you guys giving me some input. I am especially interested in the J cab swap idea. Kenny, do you have any experience with that, and can you give me any details of the problems I will encounter with that swap? Any input is greatly appreciated.