• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 Winch Hydraulic Conversion

Flyboy207

Hello everyone,

I’m attempting to assemble a drivetrain for my M715, but it’s been complicated by the fact that I just got a great deal on a PTO winch and mounting setup for it. My drivetrain plan is a Dodge 360 small block, NP435 and a Dana 300 T-case. Problem is, the NP435 has the PTO port on the wrong side (passenger). Is there a way to convert the PTO winch to hydraulic, so I don’t have to find/adapt an NV4500 or SM465? I thought I saw it done for a Deuce but not for the smaller trucks. Does anyone still have parts?

Thanks!

Barrman

People have put the M35 winch onto M715 trucks and used basically motorcycle chains and gears with some pillow blocks in the shaft to connect the down low shaft to the high up winch input. Putting an M35 winch on backwards would get the drive end on the passenger side. It is just straight mechanical power transfer so your imagination is the only limit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks