• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 and m35a2 cabs same?

RRdr

Are the m813 cab and the m35a2 cab the same or can they be used / swapped from one model to the other with minor mods? I have a lead on a good m35a2 cab but was wondering if it will fit on my m813 five ton truck and what I would have to change or modify to make it work?

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cab tubs themselves are the same as I recall. Dashboards are different but you can change them out. Seats are the same.
I concur with kubotaman, as he states, the only difference is in the dash panel itself .. have sold a number of 5T cabs, incl the old M39-series (M54, M51, etc) for deuces and 4-door crew cab projects .. FYI the doors are same same

HDN

I concur with kubotaman, as he states, the only difference is in the dash panel itself .. have sold a number of 5T cabs, incl the old M39-series (M54, M51, etc) for deuces and 4-door crew cab projects .. FYI the doors are same same
I learned a few months ago that even though the cabs on the M939 trucks are wider, the rocker panels are the same as the M45, M39, and M809 trucks.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There actually are some minor differences, in the firewall area. Nothing that can't be solved, though... and it's easier to use a 2.5t cab for a 5ton, than the other way around.

View attachment 883831
Later cabs were universal as well, and had knock outs for both steering wheel column locations. Is that reinforcing mounting plate bolt on or welded to the cab? Early Gasser Deuce cabs had some other differences as well, notably a flat firewall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks