• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 Clutch Lever Adjustment

racolton

Hello All,
I'm putting my pressure plate back together and am trying to make sense of the instructions for the clutch lever adjustment (aka Clutch Finger Height Adjustment.)

TM 9-2320-260-34-1
4-2. CLUTCH MAINTENANCE

c. Clutch Lever Adjustment
1. Lay pressure plate (2) on flat surface and measure distance from outer surface of pressure plate (2)
to inner surface (14) of cover (5). Distance should be 1.281 in. (3.25 cm). If distance is not correct,
loosen and adjust three screws (13) until distance is correct at all points.

2. Measure distance from top of three levers (12) to inner surface (10) of pressure plate (2). If
measurement is not 2.16 in. (5.49 cm), go to step 3.

3. If measurement of step 2 was less than specified, turn three nuts (11) an equal amount to left until
correct measurement is obtained. If measurement was more than specified, turn nuts (11) an equal
amount to right until correct measurement is obtained.

TM 9-2320-260-34-1 Picture.jpg

Are all these measurements supposed to be straight up and down heights from the top of the flat surface the pressure plate is sitting on to whatever is being measured? (1.281" to bottom of cover, 2.16" to top of fingers.)

Thank you,
Ross

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks