• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m809 starter

R Racing

I swapped out my starter on my M816 today with a newer style that has the Delco Solinoid ( the 1 on it was new but the solinoid would stick like crazy ! ) . I found on the older can style solinoids the key power wire is towards the block and GND towards the fender. Well the Delco ( has a steel back plate that is square shaped, The early Solinoids are a round can ) Has the GND on the block side, And the key towards the fender. Thought I would pass it on.

Jim

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I replaced mine, the rebuild shop set up the angle of the unit (mount vs where the solenoid is) and installed the 'same' kind of solenoid. Unless they have all been changed going forward, you may have gotten a generic one the vendor uses to replace several kinds. Hard to say. Do you have a picture of this?

R Racing

Ok her are some pic's of the new starter with the delco solinoid. Not the best Pic's but you can see the metal plate on the back and the white GND wire on the block side.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks