• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M811

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As always I stand to be corrected, but as I understand it the M811 is just a chassis/cab.

The M809 is 'standard' wheelbase (179"), M810 is short WB (167"), M811 and M812 are long WB (215").

With that in mind, it could be whatever type of truck depending on what one chooses to mount on it, eg. a generator truck.

Examples would be- an M809 with a cargo bed is an M813; an M810 with a 5th wheel becomes an M818, put a dump bed on it it becomes an M817. M811 with a cargo bed is an M814, with an expando van it becomes an M820. M812 is the basis for the M821 bridge truck.

Cheers

Last edited:

M813A1

According to www.Olive-Drab.com the M811A1 chassis can be a Mobile Machine shop truck or a Power Generator for the Patiorit Missle System !! Also the M811 Chassis was used as a platform for the Honest John Moblie Rocket Launcher and there was numerous test vehicles made for the Roland Air Defense Missle System !!

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no idea what the one currently under investigation was used for, nor do I know what my M811 was used for; but the extra long wheelbase is perfect for the the installation of a PLS (palletized loading system) and is the destiny of my truck.

KsM715

What is up with everyone this morning, guess Ill be the one.nopics

Has anyone "home built" a PLS? I'd love to see it / love to build one on the M818

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks