• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 HEAVY FUEL SMOKE help!?!?!

tlmb023

Hello everyone. Ive done some research lookin thru the site and i couldnt quite find what I need. Im currently a 91b in the army and have always been a gear head. Recently i did head gaskets on a 1984 (reman) M813 wrecker. It has the 250 nhc cummins. Ran fine before but the coolant system filled with oil but actual engine oil was perfectly clean. Anyways, I completed the job and got the truck back together fine but it has heavy smoke when idling and when pushing the throttle. It is deffinantly fuel due to color of smoke and smell. I have retuned the valves and injectors multiple times and replaced the injector o-rings. all the fuel lines are tight. Also the motor runs great minus the smoke. idles and drives fine. Im not sure what else to do. when i took the engine apart i did nothing with disassembling the heads valve wise or injectors except replacing the o rings. All the fuel lines are tight and there is no restrictions in the air intake. Im very stumped and they need the truck back in working order. And also i did this job step by step by using the 2320-260-34-1 If anyone needs anymore information let me know! Thanks!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It sounds like raw fuel by be getting into one of the cylinders due to a bad injector.

Have you made sure the air flow is not restricted? Check the air filter and make sure there is nothing to impede the air getting to the cylinders.

Have you checked to make sure some "diesel doctor" hasn't turned the fuel way up?

tlmb023

i was also thinking a bad injector and i have also checked the intake from airfilter to the actual manifold. I doubt there was a diesel doctor although i understand why you would think that. lol. The owner says that it had barely any smoke before i did the job and im the only one to touch it. i never did anything with turning the fuel up or down. when i pulled the injectors i was careful and did one at a time slowly making sure nothing was beat up or toyed with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks