• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 transmission and transfer case fluid

319cssb

What do you all refill your transmission and transferase with , when you service them?
Lubrication Order says GO 80/90 for both. But what do you recommend for some smooth shifting?

Last edited by a moderator:

319cssb

Reading through the link and the one posted in that link was a good read. Ill get some 40w non detergent.

162tcat

M813 transmission and transferase fluid.

I use 50 weight non detergent trans fluid from my local heavy truck parts store. Napa should have it. I add a couple bottles of GM synchromesh too. Not sure if it helps but can't hurt anything except for my wallet. My trans and T Case shift much better than they did with gear oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

319cssb

I use 50 weight non detergent trans fluid from my local heavy truck parts store. Napa should have it. I add a couple bottles of GM synchromesh too. Not sure if it helps but can't hurt anything except for my wallet. My trans and T Case shift much better than they did with gear oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you drive a m809 series?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spicer probably has a different oil spec'd out than what the military used. I hear if you use that it shifts easier, but I haven't taken the time to find out what it should be. Make sure not to confuse 50W drivetrain oil with 50W engine oil. The drivetrain oils have an anti-foaming agent in it that prevents bubbles from forming. Foamed up engine oil in a tranny or t-case can cause the oil to not stick to the gears and will lead to increased wear.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spicer probably has a different oil spec'd out than what the military used. I hear if you use that it shifts easier, but I haven't taken the time to find out what it should be. Make sure not to confuse 50W drivetrain oil with 50W engine oil. The drivetrain oils have an anti-foaming agent in it that prevents bubbles from forming. Foamed up engine oil in a tranny or t-case can cause the oil to not stick to the gears and will lead to increased wear.
40w non-detergent motor oil won't foam