• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M814 Front Winch PTO Drive Shaft

Shimon

Hi all,

I have a M814 with a front winch, but it is missing the PTO pump as well as the PTO drive shaft. I just bought a new military surplus shaft on Ebay, but it is advertised as a shaft for a M35A2. Will this work on the 5 ton?

Thanks

Shimon

Thanks. Do you know the diameter difference? Also, are the universal joints the same? The length is not an issue to me as I can lengthen it.......also, can beef up the diameter if the u's are the same.

The pump for the front winch.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
front winch does not have a hyd. drive, the u joints are bigger, believe the end that goes on the worm drive is bigger on the 5t

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A high. low, reverse pto that drives a drive shaft to a gear drive in the end of the winch

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I would suggest that you read the tm-9- 2320-260 series tms (for the 809 series trucks), the 260-10 is a must (operator manual) they can be found below

You can find the TMs here
UPDATED LIST
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Technical Manuals - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite
OR
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB
OR
Free Military Army Manuals!
OR
Former Military Vehicle Owners - Index
OR
ARMY 6X6: SERVICE MANUALS
OR
MilitaryTrucks.ca - M135 Deuce Truck ---Canadian trucks
OR
america1 --Military Radios
OR
500 Free U.S. Military Manauls Survival Ebooks Info Center
OR
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...5fb95459e-A3015A99-D14A-19E1-238F1793FB3D9566
This is the mil. TM web site,
--says bad cert., click to go anyway,

Shimon

Oh, I see my typo on the first post.........I meant to say PTO, and not PTO pump. Sorry for the confusion. Do you know of a Muncie or Spicer PTO equivalent for this PTO?

Thanks

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Most likley you WILL need a 5t pto because of the H/n/L/n/R shift., I would place a ad in the PARTS WANTED forum in the classifieds (no cost)

Shimon

I figured I would need the 5 ton PTO, but I could not remember (30 years since I used these in the Corps) if the deuce and a half and the 5t shared the same shaft from the PTO to the winch.

crasheej

If you have a 5t you will have 5t parts to fix it. 2 1/2 is the same way Just the way it is. Not to say there arent that isn't a few that will work on both. Body parts. Electric.

Shimon

True on many items, but since the winch capacity is the issue for this part, I was wondering if the shafts could be interchangeable.....or at least modifiable for the difference in length.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
True on many items, but since the winch capacity is the issue for this part, I was wondering if the shafts could be interchangeable.....or at least modifiable for the difference in length.
no not interchangeable, a deuce shaft is smaller, think the worm gear shaft is also smaller, pto output shaft should be the same