• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 Anyone ever break a rear winch hanger bearing?

wcuhillbilly

First I've seen it but CSM Davis has spent the most time around these.[/QUOTE

Good old Garwood,,,, Made from genuine obsolete, Unobtainium...unless you have a cousin in the Fed reserve $$$..... as Red said, check with Jeff Davis, before calling boyce or Memphis or Osh Kosh,,, another option is if you have any oil field winch trucks in a wrecking yard in your area, the older ones sometimes run older chain drive Tulsa/Garwood winch drives... Hmmm, sounds like a good time to go hydraulic,,,,, as feeding this cable out by single operator is a mite sketchy to say the least. I always worry when Im doing it that this kind of uh ohh! will happen before I can get it shut down..

also I see from the pic that you have no guard on the top pully on the rear winch... Fabb something to direct the cable back into the channel of the pully and the bird nest situation is greatly reduced.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks