• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m816 at work

jimmcld

I just pulled my first 18 wheeler out of the mud. I didn't think it would be that hard to pull out, so I just hooked a chain to it and tried to drive out with it. I was dissapointed when I couldn't budge it.

Plan B: I pulled up and rolled out the cable from the rear winch. It pulled it, but you could tell the cable was really straining. Then, the driver of the 18 wheeler released the brakes, which had been locked up, and it got a lot easier to pull.

At first, I was pulling it through the mud with the brakes locked up and the front wheels turned sideways to the direction of pull. But it still pulled it! After getting it out of the ruts she had made, I just got in and drove out of the mud, still pulling her. I was impressed. I think I'll keep it.

Sorry I didn't get more pictures.

Attachments

ctmustang

Yeah they definately pulla little easier with the brakes released. I guess it was an honest mistake. I also had a pull with my deuce today but only my neighbors s-10. couldn't even tell it was back there and couldn't see it either.

tm america

nice job i'm on way to do another pull to there an excavator that is laying on its side just down the street it slide off the side of the trailer :roll:i'm bringing snatch blocks a couple 3/4in chokers to hook to it clevises and a bunch of old deuce tires to break the fall there a nice tree i can chain me truck off to.so wish me luck its a 40000lb machine

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
have the operator reach over the trailer, put the bucket on the ground, down pressure, this wil lift up the track still on the trailer, drive the trailer out from under it, then take up the down pressure

tm america

to late for that its on its side boom is straight out the front track is pointed to the sky lucky he didnt get killed i will take plenty of pics this time

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks