• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 front winch

jimmcld

Where do you check the fluid levels on the front winch of a M816? I know someone asked this not long ago but I never saw it answered and I cannot find it under "search". The worm gear side has a level check plug down towards the bottom but the only plug I can find on the other side is 2/3rds of the way to the top. Is this the level plug?

The TM's and Lub Order don't show a picture of where these plugs are. All the show is a front view with an arrow pointing to the side of the housing.

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, I just can't find it.

Jim

jimmcld

Well, either nobody likes me or nobody knew the answer to my question!

Either way, I figured it out. In the newer Lubercation Order for the 900 series trucks, it has a better picture of where the level plug is. Anyone want to know??????

It's just under the fairlead roller on the driver's side.

Jim

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I didn't know the answer, sorry. That info will help me when I get back to looking at my winch for my m62. Thank you for the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks