• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 helps out the M819

M1075

Now I know why a man needs two wreckers. The main hydraulic cylinder was leaking on the M819. The M816 was used to raise the boom so the cylinder could be removed and repaired. These wreckers are handy!

Attachments

alphadeltaromeo

On wreckers...is or are there braces that can be put in place to work on the unit in a safe manner? I know that my CAT has a brace that can be put in place to keep the bucket up in the air while working on it.

area52

On the M246 and I assume the newer wreckers, there are boom support legs that go on the ground to support the boom when lifting very heavy loads up and down only, no side or forward movement. I bet that those can be used as a safety support.

M1075

Yes, the ground supports would work but I had to go almost to full tilt to get the main lift cylinder out. We used pins as a safety. You can barely see one in the picture.

OSO

Looks like the good old days at the crane rental yard . Used a 50 ton crane to undeck 75 ton crane house from carrier while cleaning and repairs were done . Nice to have the equipment [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks