• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 sprag

dmetalmiki

Jeep Thing/KSM..Jeep thing/KSM..I can log in to s,s, but get shown logged out trying to answer your question!!could not log in to answer your question on sprag so having to post this and hope you see it. regarding an air switch on the air pipes..they are for (engage) forward and reverse only. to simplify like a bycicle which freewheels whe you stop pedaling (NOT bacwards!) then to freewheel bacwards the sprags have to be changed. (front wheel engage dissengage is is NOT possible with this system. (unless of course you change the box!)

Last edited:

KsM715

I "kinda" had an idea about it working that way. Thanks.

By-the-way I spent a little bit of time over in your part of the world back in the early 90's
I was stationed at RAF Upper Heyford with the USAF. Someday I hope to make it back with the wife and kids. Beautiful countrysides.

Last edited:

jeep thing

thankyou for the info,next question is there a direct bolt in for 816 wrecker that is not sprag case so i can control when the front axel engages,and if there is another choice is it weaker or stronger or the same,any advantages or dissadvantages

Csm Davis

just left army rebuilding point and motor pool asked if valve in line going to transmission would work 20 years of working on 5 tons says it will allow the front end to free wheel and I am about to try it will get back on if it works or not.

Csm Davis

Put valve in main air line to transmission and turn off air and u turn off front drive. It works if you want to try it jack up front tire on one side and plug the main air line to trans NOT the trasfer case and then with brake set try and turn the tire that is off the ground it will turn in both directions.:jumpin:

KsM715

Ok now go find a slick spot and get those back tires spinning and see if you hear anything funny or horrible. Then we will know if thats all it takes.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the air shut off is a mwo, this was so the 5Ts could be towed without the front axle being engaged, it does work, the front axle free wheels, the 819 has a air switch that cuts the air, and YES you can get stuck with the air shut off, but you dont need to ask me how i KNOW :oops:
a deuce air shift xcase air switch would be purfect for this

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks