• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 and s250 build

ROARKY

Purveyor of rusty iron
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good evening!

I think this post is in the right place. Over the next several weeks I will be acquiring an m818 and an s250 shelter. I’ve read over what Soni did to his M920 with one and it inspired me to try something similar. I originally planned to try and keep the 5th wheel if I can find a great way to attach the shelter so that it is stable but removable. I am going for an RV build that I can also use to recover and transport my toys. I also plan to add a gooseneck ball behind the 5th wheel.

I am planning to keep the truck mostly stock. I do want to add some creature comforts such as ac, air ride seats, better lighting and other things like tool boxes and maybe a roof rack. Truck has 14’s at the moment. I have looked at the measurements of the s250 and the m818 and it looks like shelter will sit about a foot and a half above the truck cab. I am going to experiment with installing the shelter sideways as well to see which position I like the best. I will get pictures as soon as I can. Truck is currently out of state.