• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 at work

trooper632

Had the 818 for about 5 months and finally got some work out of her, it does not like hills and the jump from 3rd to fourth sucks. 40-50 mph the whole way which I knew was going to be the speed, but had no problems we will see if the pics got attached.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thing to remember is that the M818 is NOT a road tractor. It was designed to spend 80% of its life off-road. Off-road means slow speeds. It has plenty of power to pull any reasonable load at slow speeds off-road. It sounds like the truck served you well.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hay (no pun intended:wink:)... As long as you get from Point A to Point B safely who cares how slow you go. Looks like you went in style and with full military honors. The 818 looks good!

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Drop that rascal in low/low and hook onto a house and she will move it...or rip it apart.

As posted above...she wasn't geared or meant to be a true "road tractor" and I agree...that lull between 3rd and 4th really boggs her down.
As you have seen...she ain't a speed demon...on the best of days but I REALLY like mine:-D