• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 question

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will have a much better apprciation for the top speed next week after driving mine home 1,200 miles. Any guesses on how much fuel I will burn? Not an attempt to hijack the tread but I assume the OD question related to ecomomy of driving. I am going to try and keep it around 50 on the GPS and will have plenty of pictures since I am bringing my oldest son Christian along as a co-driver

oilcan

The one I drove on tuesday ran 55 easily. Redline put it at around 57 mph, I think. It acted like it would do more, but it wasn't my truck... Not sure on the fuel mileage, as we didn't go very far.

It was bobtailed, also.

Attachments

oilcan said:
The one I drove on tuesday ran 55 easily. Redline put it at around 57 mph, I think. It acted like it would do more, but it wasn't my truck... Not sure on the fuel mileage, as we didn't go very far.

It was bobtailed, also.
oilcan what do you consider redline? My cummins are 2150. allways been told any higher is when they are called cumapart.

oilcan

If I remember right, the sticker on the tach was at or around 2100 to 2200.

Also, I can't be sure the speedo was completely accurate. Just going by what the gauges were telling me. I've seen some pretty significant differences between tach and speedo readings on different trucks with the same drivelines/tires.

Pappa-G

From what I 've been told by some of the guys at CSMS and the owner of a local diesel reman shop the Cummins 855 will run all day long aginst the govenor but spin it any faster and you get BIG problems. Bent push rods, bent valves spun rods bearings hellfire brim stone basicly all the worst parts of the Bible.
The literature I've read says top speed of 54 mph.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks