• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Recovery today!

Makincold

UPDATE pics added! M818 Recovery today!

Headed to meet Adam and pick up my M818! She is at the Rail Road Museum in Winnsboro where adam has been keeping an eye on her
Pics to follow tonight :grin:

Last edited:

Makincold

Home safe! LOTS of pictures to follow!
Cranked her up at 10am this morning and didn't shut her down till 6:30 tonight
Even been off in the woods testing the 6x6!
GREAT truck
Thanks again to Adam for helping me out!

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
woo hoo! Mule hauler! :beer:

Makincold

So here are some of the pictures
After we got to the Rail Road museum in Winnsboro SC, about 9:30, We met Adam and he gave us a quick once over and I went for a test drive with him, passed the check out and we hit the road about 11:15. My 70 year old father came with us and he rode the 25 or so miles with me to the Flying J travel plaza to fuel up. My dad is a retired diesel mechanic of 50+ years and was excited to get the truck as I was. We fueled up and hit the interstate for the drive back to Georgia. It didn't take long to get in the grove, set the spedo at 50MPH and cruised on home. We stopped in Aiken for lunch and left her idling outside. 200 Miles later we were home and immediately took her out on the farm on some woods roads and a few hills.
I can't get over how well it drives, how well it rides and the noise level is not nearly what I had expected. I guess you guys prepared me for the worst and I got the best!
Its a great truck and I'm looking forward to many years of use from her
More later
:jumpin:

Attachments

Makincold

Bigger tires I think is the first upgrade I'll be looking for. I think the 53's are to big, maybe something a bit smaller, but better than the NDT's
There is a deuce bed in her future too!
Adam, Thanks again! The winch was something I had on my list as a "must have" hope you get one too

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks